Each year the Huskie Booster Club provides funds to different student programs at Oak Park and River Forest High School as part of its annual appropriations of monies raised through parent fundraising efforts. The Huskie Booster Club funds items which enhance student life, are of lasting value that will benefit large number of students or assist student groups unable to access other funding sources. Booster funding is not intended to fund items of life-safety, core curriculum or other items more appropriately covered in the school budget or student fees. Appropriation requests come from sponsors of various areas throughout the school, including academic divisions, activities sponsors, arts directors and the athletic department. All requests are reviewed and approved by the school administration.
During the 2016-17 school year we were pleased to assign over $40,000 in funds to 25 different student group requests from academics, activities (clubs), arts and athletics. Highlights of this year’s appropriations include:
- Robotic components and capital investments for the Science Olympiad Club & Competition
- An underwater speaker for swimming and diving
- A new Huskie mascot costume
- A 3D printer for the beginning of a library maker space
- Digital recording devices for a number of sports teams, including Track and Field, Hockey and Lacrosse
- Six Hot Wire tool kits for sculpting for the Visual Arts Club
- A Marimba and a Timpani cart for our award-winning Marching Band
- LED light fixtures that provide changing color washes for theater, Orchesis and other productions, along with multiple microphones for music performances.
Click here to see the complete line item listing of approved appropriations.
We couldn't do it without the continued effort of our dedicated parent volunteers and contributors. Be a part of this committed group of Huskie supporters, by becoming a member today! Or join us at our next Booster meeting and see where your time and talents will benefit us most!
Supporting and Celebrating OPRF Student Academics, Activities, Arts and Athletics